The gift that keeps on giving...

How blessed we are ,as individuals to been chosen by the Lord to be the parents of a child with a disability. Seems like such a strange thing to say, I know, but over the years I have found that this gift the Lord has bestowed on me, has changed me forever and for the better. It makes me smile to think that the Lord thought so highly of me, his child, to give such a unique gift.

If you think about you, normally when we receive a gift from a friend or family member, we pay close mind to put it up on a shelf, so we can sit back and take it in, protecting it, as it collects dust. However, for us, our gift, in being the parent of a special needs child has truly been one, that continues to keep on giving. You see, we are required to daily maintain our gifts from God, which has, if you really think about it, made us stronger.

Perhaps I need to just speak for myself here but when one of my chidlren are in an immediate need, even though I'm no longer a gym rat, I have managed to leap over furniture, run faster and longer distances without ceasing to take a breathe, I have worked around the clock, just to keep the home in order and keep the bills paid on time. I have fallen on my knees in prayer and cried out to the Lord with absolutely no shame, even in public(smile). So i can say without fail, my gifts from the Lord has truly made me an all around stronger individual. It's even blessed me with patients, wisdom, a kind ,understanding and loving heart towards others, by default. lol. No vase from grammie, could have ever done that, although... it's SUPER NICE!

From time to time, I need to remind myself, that I was hand picked by the Lord to live in this position,, this ministry, this honored standing in life. Yes, it's gets hard, daily,push through, your child needs you. Yes you may desire to cry, crying is yet another blessing from the Lord, so go for it! Others may not truly understand but the Lord does and he is truly what matters.

I encourage you, to remember, we were hand selected by the Lord to take this on, sure bring about a smile to my face. What about yours?

Much love,

Anna Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment