I'm Sorry


  • Maybe you yelled at your child because they weren't moving fast enough, but the real problem was that you were late because of your lack of planning. You took your frustration on your child and that wasn't fair.
  • Maybe you let your emotions get the best of you in a business setting and you've said some things that you now regret. Or maybe you still feel they were right, but just not appropriate to say out loud.
  • Maybe you turned a small annoyance into a full blown fight with your spouse right before dinner because you are really frustrated about some bigger issue that may or may not have to do with him or her.
  • Maybe you dropped the ball on something important because you didn't plan well. First inclination? Is there someone or something else to blame? Ever done that?

Sorry is a powerful word and if used correctly, will heal wounds, open doors ad bring about peace and order in your life. Yet one of the most difficult things for any of us to do is to admit when we're wrong. It might be that we believe we are right or it might be that our spirit becomes too prideful to humble ourselves to say those simple words, "I'm sorry." It's also difficult to say you're sorry to someone who might not appreciate that you are. Sometimes the person we've offended is prideful themselves and we don't want to say we're sorry just to have it taken as a point of weakness.

Regardless of the reason for one's resistance, we have much to learn about humility from the Bible. David shares in Psalm 25:9, "Good and upright is the LORD; therefore He teaches sinners in the way. The humble He guides in justice and the humble He teaches His way."  

We should be able to come to a place where we can admit when we're wrong and not take it personally, rather a place for us to grow from. I personally have much more respect for those who can humble themselves when they need to and very little for those who can not. Saying sorry does not mean your weak, weak minded or a doormat. Instead it screams I'm strong, willing and able to do whats right and the right thing to do, when you have wronged someone is to give a heartfelt...



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes my own stubborn pride or guilt has stopped me from being able to say it, but "I'm sorry" is something that I owe to anyone anytime I do wrong against them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to say it as well, It isn't easy for me because for so long i haven't had to answer to anyone but myself. Now that's different, and in working with others and my family, saying I'm sorry is very important.

    ReplyDelete